We provide diabetes services to individuals diagnosed with diabetes or individuals and professionals with interest in diabetes care.
Our services are individualized to meet the needs of our clients. Our services include:
We provide high quality individualized (one-on-one) diabetes self-management training based on the client’s assessed needs and choice. We also provide Group Classes. Clients participating in our group classes also meet one-on-one with the nurse practitioner/diabetes educator for an initial consultation and assessment. The assessment helps us better understand your needs.
Depending on your assessed needs, our comprehensive (full class) consists of four (2 hours each) sessions.
We address the following:
- General information about diabetes, and blood glucose (blood sugar) control
- Healthy Eating and Carbohydrate counting
- Physical activity and why it is important o your health and diabetes
- How to take your medications and insulin (if needed) properly
- Blood glucose monitoring and how to use the information to improve your diabetes
- How to recognize complications like low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and high blood sugar (hyperglycemia), and how to prevent or manage them
- How to prevent long term complications
- Coping with diabetes
- Gestational (pregnancy) diabetes
- Resources that are available to you
At the end of the classes, a report is sent to your healthcare provider, to ensure continuity of care and good clinical outcome.The program also provide ongoing telephonic support to help you manage your disease.